Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm From The South

Yes, I know you know I'm from the South... literally, but I'm also from the "South" personlaity-wise. Let me explain. I went to a workshop this Summer where the leader had us reflect on our strengths and weaknesses when working with others.

People from the "North":
~ are action-makers
~ like to jump right in and get to work
~ are results-oriented

People from the "East":
~ are speculators
~ like to look at the big picture and all possibilities before acting

People from the "West":
~ have an eye for the details
~ like to know the Who, What, When, Where, & Why before acting

People from the "South":
~ are caring
~ like to make sure everyone's ideas are heard before making decisions
~ worry about hurting others' feelings
(These are also the people who routinely bring snacks to meetings, I might add...)

So, after careful consideration (OK it was only like 2 minutes because all of my colleagues instantly said, "Oh you're definitely "South"!) I made my way to the "South" corner of the room where we all agreed that we worry too much, over-think our decisions, and can sometimes bend to make others happy. OK, we bend a lot.

Yes, not only am I from the South (South Carolina, to be exact) but I am also proudly "from the South" when it comes to working with others.

Where are you from?

No comments:

Post a Comment