Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Magic Of October

Well October is almost over. For most people, this would be a YAY! But for those of us who have been waiting for the "magic" of October (where everything starts to fall into place in your classroom and you think "AHA!) well, I'm still waiting...

It's getting there, trust me. There have been quite a few days lately when I've thought to myself, "Did we just do small groups and ALL of my groups were on task?????" but it's not 100%. (And I might also add that my morning class is earning class cash A LOT more frequently!)

Sometimes, it comes when you least expect it.

Just when I was sooooo ready to drop my kids at special area and go back to my room to just SIT and catch my breath (and my sanity)... I was right in the middle of thinking to myself, "Why can't they just walk in a line without talking?????" When. It. Happened.

I turned to leave (ok, RUN) for my room, when right behind me was M.
M, who spent most of the morning telling me, "It wasn't me" or "I didn't do ANYthing!" was right there and just about knocked me over with a hug. AND... an "I Love You Mrs. Riddle." Not the zealous "I-love-Mrs.-Riddle-she's-the-best-can-I-pass-out-the-papers" kind, but the quiet, to the point, "I-know-I'm-a-booger-but-I-appreciate-you" kind.

The best kind.
The kind that makes me think, "Yes. This is why I come to school everyday."

I'm good for a few more weeks, at least! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment